March 16, 2020 - Race was on Friday morning and canceled 6 hours into my 7 hour drive
Was dreading the inevitable all week, but the race director told us every day, up until Friday morning that the race was happening. We got into the car and made a 6 hour drive before getting the email that the resort/host site had decided to cancel and close down. So we were in Wisconsin with nowhere to go and nothing to do, which was great. Found a room at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Wisconsin Dells and had a blast with our 1 year old. On the drive home, my next 3 races were all canceled. Crazy times. Stay safe out there!